What can I expect being at high altitude? 
Guests with heart or breathing problems should always consult their doctor before travelling to high elevations. At 6000 feet above sea level, you exhale and perspire twice as much moisture as you do at sea level. Over the course of a day, that is a lot of water, and can make a difference of a quart or more a day. If you intend to go hiking at a significantly higher altitude than you normally live at, then be prepared to slow down! Most of the time, breathing issues at high altitude are momentary. They can be corrected by reversal of whatever brought it on – slow down, move lower down, warm up, etc. They are not usually life threatening to people in good health unless you ignore warning signs that you are in trouble. Always drink plenty of water!

What time does the sun set? 
You can find the sunset or sunrise time of any day in Tahoe at www.sunrisesunset.com.

Where can you find things for the wedding that were left at home? 
Please feel free to visit www.tahoechamber.org for a list of local businesses.

Can I buy flowers nearby?
Please feel free to contact any of the florists in our vendors section for flowers. Most florists suggest that you have your flowers delivered instead of trying to save the delivery fee by picking them up yourself. It’s worth it to maintain the quality of the flowers, and delivery will save you worry on the big day.

Is a Nevada/California marriage license valid in my state or county and how do I get one? 
Obtain your NV marriage license at the Douglas County Admin. Bldg., 175 Hwy 50, 2nd Fl. Stateline, NV 775-586-7226. Or visit their website, (click here). Their hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturdays, 10:00am-4:00pm. Closed on Sundays.

If you are getting married in California, check with the company you’re booking your wedding through. Some packages *include* the CA marriage license. If not, you may obtain your CA marriage license in South Lake Tahoe at the El Dorado Recorder/Clerk’s office. No blood test is require and there is no waiting period. The fee is $55 and does not include a certified copy of the marriage certificate, which is an additional $14 per copy. You must also have a witness to sign the Marriage License. Both the bride and groom need to be present with valid photo I.D., must be 18 years or older. If you are under 18 years old you will need a court order to get married, no exceptions.

Obtain your CA marriage license at the South Lake Tahoe Recorder/Clerk’s office at 3368 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite 108, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150. 530-573-3408 Visit their website for more information. Their hours are Monday through Friday only, 8:30am to 4:30pm and closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.

My friend or family member would like to officiate our ceremony. What do I need to do to make this happen? 
To have a friend/family member perform a ceremony in the state of California, they must be an ordained minister and there isn’t any special permit required. They will be require to fill out the necessary information on the marriage license and sign it.

For the state of Nevada, your Minister/family member must contact the Douglas County Recorder Clerk to obtain a special “one day” permit to marry in Douglas County, NV. There is a packet they will mail to them. They will need to have their signature notarized and also have a form sent to their church stating they are in good standing with the church, then the church official will also have to have their signature notarized. There is a fee for this permit. Contact their office for more information on the web or by phone at: (775) 586-7270.

Is there a local transportation option? Is it easy to get around the area? 
It is quite easy to get around South Tahoe. The local bus system is called Blue Go (www.bluego.org) and travels all through South Lake Tahoe. You can also take cabs, shuttles, or rent cars in South Tahoe.

How can I get an idea and see the history of weather on my wedding date? 
You can see what the weather was like on your wedding date in years past by visiting www.farmersalmanac.com.

Where is the closest airport? 
The closest major airport is Reno/Tahoe International (www.renoairport.com). The Sacramento Airport (www.sacairports.org) is the second closest major airport. South Lake Tahoe does have a small airport, but does not allow commercial planes (www.laketahoeairport.com).

How can I find out about upcoming events and road closures in the area? 
For road closures coming into Lake Tahoe from Nevada or California and a list of upcoming events please visit www.tahoechamber.org.